The potentially distant deadline for the implementation of e-invoices does not provide great comfort for businesses, accountants, and individuals responsible for IT system development in enterprises. Implementing integrated e-Invoice solutions with the Ministry of Finance is not a trivial matter and requires a series of tasks to meet the requirements imposed by the legislator. The time remaining until the "zero hour" is a period during which the following steps can be planned and executed:
- Validate processes in the ERP systems in use and make necessary changes or updates.
- Implement the chosen solution integrating the KSeF platform with the ERP system and other applications operating within the company (e.g., document workflow systems).
- Test the proper functioning and flow of information in the new environment (ERP + KSeF + Workflow).
The implementation of e-invoices can be divided into two stages:
Analytical phase, which includes process validation and verification of system updates and non-standard solutions related to invoicing, ensuring their compliance with the selected KSeF solution.
Implementation phase, including the remaining steps, such as designing the solution, implementation, integration of ERP system, KSeF platform, and optional workflow systems, and testing. Both stages should be completed before the first of July 2024.
Benefits of integrating SAP systems with KSeF:
- Shortened VAT refund period from 60 to 40 days, subject to meeting the prerequisites specified in the VAT Act.
- Accelerated document flow within the organization.
- No need to send sales invoices to the counterparty after submitting them to KSeF.
- Elimination of the risk of losing or damaging invoices.
- Immediate access to all invoices without the need to maintain physical archives.
- No requirement to prepare JPK_FA files upon request from tax authorities.
BTech's KSeF solution for SAP allows integration with the Krajowy System e-Faktur. The process is compliant with the technical and legal requirements of the Ministry of Finance, ensuring full data security. Sales invoices are converted into a structured XML format, ready for transmission to the KSeF portal. Users can verify the correctness of the data through a report before transmission. Once the invoices are submitted to the Ministry's system, our solution retrieves the invoice identifier and UPO document from the KSeF platform and stores this information in SAP or another invoice issuing system. After submitting the invoices to the KSeF platform, there is no need to send them to the customers, as it is assumed that the invoices delivered to KSeF have been received by the end recipient, who is obliged to download them into their system. On the other hand, purchase invoices issued by suppliers and sent to KSeF are downloaded into the SAP system and further distributed within the organization according to the established Workflow model.
Key features of the KSeF solution for SAP:
- Automatic conversion of SD/FI invoices into structured XML invoices.
- Technical validation of document structure.
- Reporting and verification of invoices before submission to the Ministry of Finance.
- Automatic transmission of invoices to the KSeF platform at any frequency.
- Receiving and storing invoice IDs and other identifiers assigned to sales invoices by the KSeF platform.
- Automatic receipt of purchase invoices from the KSeF platform.
- Option to transfer received purchase invoices to the document workflow system.
- Ability to download e-invoice images in PDF format to workstations for printing.
- Directly sending notifications to customers from SAP about invoice submission to KSeF.
- Compliance with the guidelines of the Ministry of Finance.
Technical characteristics of the KSeF solution for SAP:
- Easy integration with SAP ECC and S/4HANA systems, communicating between SAP and the KSeF platform.
- Direct connection of the ERP system with KSeF or through the SAP Document & Reporting Compliance platform.
- Extensive configuration options to adapt the program to customer requirements.
- Autonomous solution that generally does not require adjustments in the SAP system.
- Data security based on an advanced authorization model (electronic signatures, tokens, digital seals).
- Ability to process data from other IT systems used for invoicing.
For more information, feel free to write to us or give us a call!